So that you can enjoy the summer without troublesome urinary tract infections:
- Drink 2-3 litres of liquid daily.
- Change damp clothing immediately after bathing.
- Avoid staying in water for long periods.
- Eat lots of fruit and vegetables. This strengthens the immune system.
- Avoid excessive cleaning of the genital area with soap or cleansing lotions. This enables the natural protective acid mantle to be retained. Harmful bacteria are less able to multiply.
- When wiping after a bowel movement, women should always take care to wipe from the vagina to the anus in order to prevent intestinal bacteria from entering the urinary tract.
- Empty your bladder regularly, including after sexual intercourse. Retained urine forms an excellent breeding ground for harmful bacteria.
- Change your underwear daily.
Our tip: However, if you are still experiencing slight symptoms of cystitis, we recommend treatment with Urol® flux. The herbal medicine with extract of goldenrod has proven diuretic, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects.